Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Influencers


My Influencers

You can't start something without tapping into history and acknowledging those who have pushed the envelop in the world of marketing. As I salute my influencers, I am ready to embark on this journey filled with ideas, insights, and risks. After all, the torch has been passed on to me.



Name: Leo Burnett

Born: October 21, 1891

Occupation: Advertising Executive, Leo Burnett Worldwide

Why he has influenced me?
He created several icons such as 'Tony the Tiger' and 'Phillsbury Doughboy' that have become part of history. These icons have created unaided brand awareness in consumers' minds. Thus, creating strong brand image and preference to those brands. A big deal in advertising!



Name: David Ogilvy

Born: June 23, 1911

Occupation: Advertising Executive, Ogilvy & Matter

Why he has influenced me?
The respect he had for research. Without well implemented and well analyzed research, it is hard to truly know what customers want. A lot of times, it's the reason why many ads fail to achieve their goals. One of the best ad campaigns he created was "At 60 miles an hour, the loudest noise in this new Rolls-Royce comes from the electric clock."



Name: Bill Bernbach

Born: August 3, 1911

Occupation: Advertising Creative Director, DDB

Why he has influenced me?
He was just a genius at knowing how to create unique positioning for any brand. In other words he knew how to make any product stand out from the pack. The most famous ad campaign and one of my all-time favorite is the Volkswagen "Think Small."





Name: Mary Wells Lawrence

Born: May 25, 1928

Occupation: Advertising Executive, Wells Rich Greene

Why she has influenced me?
She helped create the "End of the Plain Plane" commercial for Braniff Airways. She was able to present the airline as a product that provides an experience rather than the simple fact of flying. Who wouldn't want to be in a plane that makes you feel as if you are not flying? Beyond that, she created iconic slogans such as "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" and "I love NY."





No comments:

Post a Comment