Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Piatinni

Restaurant: Piattini Wine Café

Location: 226 Newbury St Boston, MA 02116

Highlight: Spinach Gnocchi

My first encounter with Gnocchi was during my visit to a small Italian shop in the North End, couple years back. The pack had instructions on how to make Gnocchi. As a curious person by nature, I decided to give it a try. First experience was ok. I overcooked the Gnocchi (it was too soft). Nonetheless, it reminded me of small pieces of fufu (an african dish made from cassava leaves). 
When one of my friends picked Piattini for dinner, I was pretty excited. One, I like the small plate concept since I don't eat a lot. Two, the restaurant is located in Newbury st, my favorite street in Boston. I settled on the Spinach Gnocchi. I am a bit obsessed with spinach. It's one of those things you can put in any dish and it would taste just fine. This dish was far better than mine. It was well done, but not too soft. They also added pesto cream sauce. Let me say that again. PESTO+CREAM SAUCE, I couldn't say no to that! It was delicious. A lot of Italian restaurants use too much oil and sauce in their dishes. But this Gnocchi Spinach dish passed the taste. Don't hesitate to try it out!



Spinach Gnocchi at Piattini Wine Café

No comments:

Post a Comment